ES-1190 Transmission Mounting Kit for 1949-1951 Chevy (Standard)
Transmission Mounting Kit fits 1949-51 Chevy. Original 3 Speed transmission. This is a weld on kit.
Installation Instructions for ES-1190 Automatic Transmission Mounting Kit for 1949-1952 Chevy Original Stick Shift Cars
Use Chassis Engineering Transmission Cushion Set SS-0112
1. Transmission mounting kit ES-1190 will fit only 1949-1952 Chevy that did not originally have an automatic transmission.
2. Remove original transmission from crossmember.
3. Cut into crossmember for new mount, using new mount as a template.
4. Install by welding in place with edge gaps to the front.
5. Cut clearance in front lip as required. Use transmission to determine the clearance needed.
6. Weld reinforcement around new mount, Install on rear of crossmember.
7. drill the two center holes (1/2″) through top and bottom of the original crossmember. From underneath drill the exit holes to 7/8 for socket clearance.
8. At this point we suggest setting the engine in place to check mounting. Cut cowl braces the minimum required to clear.
9. (Engine) Now drill holes through frame adapters and install the bolts. Do not over tighten. If desired, the frame mounts can be welded in place, but it is not necessary or recommended.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel and urethane, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.