ES-1123 Transmission Crossmember for 1927-1939 Chevy w Turbo 400
Bolt in for use with Turbo 400 transmission. Required for power brakes but can also be used with a manual brake system.
This kit Includes:
(use with SS-0112 Transmission Cushion)
Installation Instructions for ES-1123 Turbo 400 Transmission Crossmember for 1927-1939 Chevy
1. Remove original engine, transmission and transmission crossmember.
2. Set reinforcing J-plates over frame and position as below:
3. Clamp transmission crossmember to frame and J-plates. Note: Because of frame variations, we recommend setting engine and transmission in place to check fit and adjust as needed.
4. Drill all 3/8″ holes through frame and bolt crossmember in place.
5. The lower bolts going through the frame should not be tightened to excess. You can weld tubes inside frame to prevent collapse if desired.
The 1927-1939 Chevy frames are not very strong compared to other cars. We recommend light use only, no drag strip use.
When using engines of significant power and torque, perform a regular inspection every 500 miles or so.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel and urethane, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.