CP-1106G Small Block Chevy V8 Engine Mounting Kit for 1940 Chevy with non-CE IFS
Bolt-On Engine Kit fits 1958-up small block V8 into 1940 Chevy car using the Chassis Engineering famous Bolt-on P/M IFS
- Bolt-on frame adapters
- Chassis Engineering engine mounts
- Thru bolt cushion set
- Hardware and instructions
Engine mounts fit:
- Chevy V8, 1958-up : 283, 302, 307, 327, 350, 400 CI Small Block
- Chevy V6 with the distributor at rear
- CP-1106 Mounting Kit for 1940 Chevy with Solid Axle
- CP-1106A Mounting Kit for 1940 Chevy with original IFS
- CP-1106G Mounting Kit for 1940 Chevy with non-Chassis Engineering IFS
- CP-1106GB Mounting Kit for 1940 Chevy with Chassis Engineering IFS
Installation Instructions for CP-1106G Small Block Chevy Engine Swap Kit for 1940 Chevy Car using after-market Bolt-On IFS
Installing the engine goes hand in hand with the transmission. Since both CP-1106G Engine Mount Kit and ES-1170 Transmission Mount are often used together, the instructions below will cover both.
1. Remove original engine, transmission and rear end. Remove transmission cover in floor for access. Remove original small-center transmission mount by drilling out the four rivets.
As you progress you will find other odd pieces that will need to be removed for clearance and fit. Remove these as needed.
2. (Engine Mounting) Slip both the frame adapters over the frame and locate as shown below.
3. (Transmission Mounting) Install mounting plate by locating it over the four holes you already drilled. Check centering, clamp in place and ream-drill holes to 3/8″. Bolt together. Drill the two center holes through top and bottom of the original crossmember (1/2″). From underneath, drill the exit holes to 7/8″ for socket clearance.
4. At this point we suggest setting the engine in place to check mounting.
5. (Engine) Now drill holes through frame adapters and install bolts. Do not over tighten. (If desired, frame adapters can be welded in place, but this isn’t needed or recommended).
6. Floor board cover may need modification for clearance. Check while reinstalling cover and finish as needed. This depends on the transmission you are using.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel and urethane, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.