Mount SB Chevy into 1936 Chevy Standard with stock steering & Pinto/Mustang IFS. Includes Frame Adapters, Cushion set, Engine Mounts
Engine mounts fit:
- Chevy V8, 1958-up : 283, 302, 307, 327, 350, 400 CI Small Block
- Chevy V6 with the distributor at rear
- CP-1105 Mounting kit for 1934-1935 Chevrolet Standard
- CP-1114 Mounting Kit for 1936 Chevy Standard with cross steering
- CP-1115 Mounting Kit for 1936 Chevy Standard with Chassis Engineering or other Pinto Mustang IFS
Installation Instructions for CP-1115 Small Block Chevy V8 Engine Mounting Kit for 1936 Chevy Standard (with Powerglide, Turbo 350 & 4 speed Transmission) when using stock steering or Pinto Mustang IFS
CP-1114 : Cross Steering, CP-1115 : Stock Steering or P/M IFS, Transmission Mount : ES-1136 Cross Steering: AS-2091, please call us.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel and urethane, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Remove both original transmission crossmembers. Remove side splash aprons around engine.
1. Install frame adapters over frame and position as shown below.
Note differences in left (drivers) side mounting. Cross steering models require an offset mount on left. All others mount the same right and left.
2. Clamp adapters in place on frame. Notches are for clearance around the shock bolts. Drill necessary 5/16″ holes. On left side, when using offset mounts, grind any rivets flush. Bolt in place. If desired, frame mount may be welded in place.
Transmission mounting (except Turbo 400 and Turbo 700) using ES-1136 Transmission Mount (seperate kit)
1. Place reinforcing plate (ES-1136) over frame and tap into place.
2. Plate will bolt to frame in this position. We recommend checking fit with engine and transmission before finalizing mounts. Support car safely with stands.
3. When sure of spacing, drill all 8 3/8″ holes through the frame.
4. Bolt transmission crossmember in place. Do not over-tighten bolts.
Mounting Turbo 400 Transmission (universal Chevy crossmember)
Install engine and transmission in place. Support safely. Locate area on frame where crossmember will mount. Place reinforcing plate over frame and tap into place. Slide reinforcing plates to this spot. Measure distance between plates and cut crossmember to this length. Make sure to center. Slide flange over crossmember and finalize positioning on frame. Spot weld flanges to tube (this is a 2-person job). Remove and weld.
1. Remove stock mounts from engine and replace with Chassis Engineering engine mounts from kit.
2. If furnished with kit (CP1114), offset mount goes on left side.
3. Engine cushion is assembled as per image
There are no reviews yet.