AS-2053 Brake Pedal And Pedal Mount Kit for 1948-1952 Ford Pickup Truck (w Pedal Arms,Mount Assembly)
Works with the under floor original brake pedal with slight pedal modification. Hardware and instructions included.
Installation Instructions for Bolt-on Brake Pedal Bracket and Master Cylinder mount 1948-1952 Ford Pickup Truck
1. Remove bolt holding cowl mount to frame top.
2. Original transmission crossmember should already be removed. If not, do so by drilling out rivets.
3. New pedal mounts below both frame lips. Line up top front mounting hole with bolt hole in cowl mount. Reinstall bolt.
4. Clamp bottom and top rear to frame rail. Lay a straightedge across frame and visually line up top with it (up & down). Next use a 90 degree square on top edge of frame and align rear flat to it front to back. Re clamp in correct position.
5. Top and side holes in the new pedal mount should line up with rivet holes already in frame. These rivet holes will vary frame to frame, so you might have to drill mismatched holes to accept 3/8″ bolts. Mark and drill the bottom mounting holes. Install bolts and tighten.
6. Install bushings in new pedal. Check that 1/2″ pivot bolt slides through easily. If not, a 1/2″ reamer or drill bit should be used. Add pedal using flat washers to fill space between mount and bushings.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel and urethane, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.