AS-2052 Power Brake Adapter for 1935-1940 Ford (Chassis Engineering Pedal)
Power brake adapter fits stock 1935-1940 Chassis Engineering brake pedal ( Ford 2 hole) Parts # AS-2040 & AS-2052
Installation Instructions for AS-2052 Bolt-on Power Brake Adapter Chassis Engineering Pedal Assembly for 1932-1940 Ford
Note: Chassis Engineering supplies linkage only if brake pedal kit, adapter, booster and master cylinder are ordered in a single order. Linkage is normally considered the installers responsibility due to too many different possible combination variations of parts to include linkage for.
1. Install Chassis Engineering pedal assembly by following the directions included with the pedal.
2. Bolt on new adapter to pedal assembly.
3. Bolt Chassis Engineering Power Booster to the adapter. Bump X member for clearance if needed. In order to use the power brake adapter, in some cases the dust boot must be removed from the vacuum power booster.
The dust boot is not needed for this application since the adapter is designed to fit tightly on the front of the power booster assembly keeping dust and debris out.
4. Add Chassis Engineering Master Cylinder. (See linkage note at the top). If the end of master cylinder hits the crossbrace of the frame cut it slightly for clearance. Do not remove crossbrace. Installation clearances will vary from car to car and from master cylinder to master cylinder.
5. Important: Test the vacuum source to make sure that the vacuum port on the booster is supplied with at least 18lbs of vacuum. That is the lowest of what is needed for the booster to work properly.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel and urethane, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.