Master cylinder and brake pedal mount adapts Mustang and other cylinders to 1940-1948 Chevy. For use with later style brake systems, disk or drum. Uses original pedal in original position. Fully bolt on.
Instructions for AS-1041 Bolt-on Brake Pedal Adapter for 1941-1948 Chevy
For use with Pinto-Mustang Master Cylinder (and others with the same pattern)
Use Chassis Engineering Cylinders:
1. Remove old master cylinder with pedals.
2. Place new unit in same location, using rear-most original mounting hole as a locator. There is a matching 13/32″ hole in the new mount.
3. Line up mount with support edges and drill 11/32″ mounting holes. Bolt in place.
4. Remove brake pedal from original master cylinder by removing plug on front of unit. Pull retainer from hole. Brake pedal will now slide out of the side.
5. Install brake pedal in new mount. Tighten set screw until it bottoms. Important: make sure that the set screw is in slot on pivot shaft. Loosen set screw until brake pivots freely on shaft. Lock setscrew in place with a jam nut.
6. Make sure the pedal moves through a full stroke without binding. Adjust the linkage as needed. Note linkage provided is for Pinto Mustang cylinders. Others may not fit without modification.
Note it is the installers responsibility to see that all brake components operate correctly and without interference or binding.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel and urethane, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.