Power brake adapter fits stock 1939-1940 brake pedal (3 hole)
Installation Instructions for AS-2051 Bolt-on Power Brake Adapter Chassis Engineering Pedal Assembly for 1939-1940 Ford
Power brake adapter to fit 1939 and 1940 Ford Cars with original pedal assembly, Chassis Engineering power booster and master cylinder.
1. Bolt new adapter to pedal assembly.
2. Bolt Chassis Engineering Power Booster to the adapter. Bump X member for clearance if needed. In order to use the power brake adapter, in some cases the dust boot must be removed from the vacuum power booster.
The dust boot is not needed for this application since the adapter is designed to fit tightly on the front of the power booster assembly keeping dust and debris out.
3. Add Chassis Engineering Master Cylinder. If the end of master cylinder hits the crossbrace of the frame cut it slightly for clearance. Do not remove crossbrace. Installation clearances will vary from car to car and from master cylinder to master cylinder.
4. Linkage is not supplied with the adapter, and must be calculated and fabricated by the installer.
5. Important: Test the vacuum source to make sure that the vacuum port on the booster is supplied with at least 18lbs of vacuum. That is the lowest of what is needed for the booster to work properly.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel and urethane, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.