AS-1016CG Complete Rear End Mounting Kit for 1935-1936 Chevy Master (Gas Shocks).This weld in kit for 1935-1936 Chevrolet fits wide variety of rear ends, ( up to 3″ axle housing diameter) depending upon the off set of wheels and tire choice. We recommend approx. 58-60″.
This Kit Includes:
Chassiss Engineering’s 2-1/2″ slider springs
Front and rear spring mounts
New shock mounting kit
New gas shocks
Prevent your suspension from bottoming-out and expensive vehicle damage by including a pair of adjustable rubber snubbers with your order.
Installation Instructions for AS-1016CG 1936 Chevy
Important: Remove gas tank and cap the line before starting installation. Welding near gas tanks can be extremely dangerous.
1. Remove original rear end, springs and shocks. Remove original rear (rear spring) mounts. Leave front (rear spring) mounts in place.
2. Clamp new front spring mounts in place. The notch in the mount points forward.
3. Install short boxing plates behind the rear most crossmember. Clamp rear spring shackle mounts to frame. Offset goes to the outside. Base of mount is even with the outside of frame.
4. Be sure front and rear spring mounts are aligned with each other. Recheck measurements and tack weld mounts to frame.
5. Remove original front spring mount.
6. At this point check to make sure that your wheels are in the center of your fender opening. Do this by installing springs at the front mounts and then attaching rear end to springs. Make sure car is safely supported with jack stands. Install wheels and tires and visually check for centering in the fender opening. If needed, make any adjustments to the mounts now,. Do not neglect this check!
7. Disassemble and finish welding mounts to frame.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel and urethane, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.