SB-4148RA Rear Sway Bar for 1941-1948 Ford (Axle Mount). This rear sway bar fits Chassis Engineering rear end kits for the 1941-1948 Fords. This sway bar is an axle mounted bar. This is an excellent way to improve the handling and overall driveability of your street rod. Sway bars work best when you have both the front and rear bars. All linkage and mounting furnished.
Installation Instructions for SB-4148RA Rear Sway Bar for 1941-1948 Ford Car
Fits Disk-Brake rear-ends such as Lincoln Versailles. Also for use where wide tires or narrow rear-end makes use of a regular sway bar impractical.
Note: This bar will also fit a great many different cars. Since it bolts to the rear-end, it is fairly easy to mount, requiring fabricating only the linkage mounts on the frame.
1. Bolt bar to the bottom of the axle as show below. Center side to side.
Drawing shows a bolt on bracket. Ends extend forward under axle.
2. Locate frame mounts, centering bushing hole in mount 7 3/4 inches forward of the axle center line (see above). Right and Left mounts are mirror-images. Be sure mounts are straight before drilling mounting holes. Clamp mounts to frame. If a rivet head interferes, grind it level with the frame.
3. Hold linkage in place for correct fit. Drill 11/32″ holes in bottom of frame using mounts as drill guide.
4. Locate top holes and drill 11/32″ holes through mount and frame. Bolt mount in place (top holes are not pre-drilled). Large inner holes may not match as shown in illustration.
5. Assemble linkage as shown below:
Sway Bar Mount – Versailles and Granada 9 inch Disk Brake Rear Ends Only:
1. Note: there is a large and a smaller U-bolt. There are also two seperate axle mounts. One will fit the large U-bolt and one fits the small. They do not interchange.
2. The bar mounts should be level with the ground however, if needed, the bar can be moved forward or backward slightly by rotating the mounts on the axle-side housing. Final placement depends on usage.
3. The U-bolt will go towards the center and the bar towards the wheel. When installing, not larger part of the rear end housing. Center the pads on the housing, making the sway bar mounting holes 27 1/2″ center to center. Remember that the differential is NOT centered on the axle, so measure from the hubs.
4. The mounts can be welded to the axle, but we recommend bolting them on with the U-bolts.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel and urethane, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.