SB-3540RA Rear Sway Bar for 1935-1940 Ford (Axle Mount). Rear axle mounted sway bar fits 1935-1940 Ford. Very adaptable bar. Includes all linkage.
For use with SB-3540RA 35-40 Ford Rear Sway Bar SB-3540RA 1935-1940 Ford Rear Sway Bar
Chassis Engineering Installation Instructions for SB-3540RA Rear Sway Bar for 1935-1940 Ford SB-3540RA 1935-1940 Ford Rear Sway Bar
This sway bar fits the 1935-1940 Ford car when using a disk brake rear end such as that of a Lincoln Versi. The SB-3540RA sway bar can also be used where wide tires or a narrow rear end prevents the use of a standard sway bar.
Note: the SB-3540RA Rear Sway Bar will fit a great variety of cars. Since it bolts to the rear end, it is fairly easy to mount, with the only fabrication required being the linkage mounts on the frame.
1. Bolt the sway bar to the bottom of the axle according to the diagram below. Center the bar side to side. The drawing shows a weld-on bracket, which looks slightly different than a bolt-on bracket. The sway bar ends extend forward, underneath the axle.
2. Straighten the frame lips to make sure they are 90 degrees in the area where the linkage mount needs to go. Clamp frame mounts in place as shown in the diagram below. Right and Left are mirror-images. Make sure the sway bar mount is straight before drilling the mounting holes in the frame. Please note, the mounts do differ for left and right. The bent brace on tab goes to the rear.
3. After locating the mount point, carefully slip the sway bar linkage mount from the inside of the frame and slide it over the frame lip. The mounting holes can now be marked on the bottom frame lip. Drill the holes to 11/32″. Put the mount back on the inside of the frame lip and bolt it in place.
4. Drill the last hole through the side wall of the frame using the mount as a guide. Insert a 2″ spacer between the frame wall and the sway bar mount, then bolt it in place.
Note: The following steps are for Versai and Granada 9 inch Disk Brake rear ends Only:
1. There are 2 different-sized U-bolts and 2 different sized axle mounts, so make sure to pair them up correctly.
2. The bar mounts should be level with the ground. If needed, the bar can be moved slightly forward or backward by rotating the mounts on the axle housing. Make sure to check clearance when done.
3. The U-bolt will go towards the center and the sway bar towards the wheel. During install, keep an eye on the different size cut-outs on the mount. The larger one fits over the larger section of the rear end housing. Center the pads on the housing , with a distance between the sway bar mounting holes 27 1/2″ – 27 3/4″ center to center. Note: the differential is not centered on the axle, so make sure to measure from the hubs.
4. The mounts can be welded to the axle, however, we do recommend bolting them on with the U-bolts.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel and urethane, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.