1933-1934 Ford Front Boxing Plates for Chassis Engineering crossmember with stock or Chassis Engineering crossmember. 33-34 Ford Boxing plates are 3/16″ thick steel and sold in pairs. Fits stock frame with Chassis Engineering x-member using stock or Chassis Engineering crossmember
AR-2272 Front Boxing Plates for 33-34 Ford Use with: CP-2104 Engine Mount Kit for Chevy V8, AR-2130 Vega Steering Adapter, AT-2034 crossmember and transmission mount kit.
Frame boxing kits: Always use proper safety equipment when welding and grinding. It is the responsibility of an experienced installer for the suitability and fit of this product.
1. With a hammer and dolly, straighten the upper and lower edges of the frame. At this time, remove gaps where the inner frame meets the outer frame.
2. Grind inside edges of frame lips to a straight line. The original tends to be wavy.Frame should be a uniform two inches thick when finished.
3. Boxing pieces should now fit like this, however frames may vary slightly so do any final grinding and fitting now. The usual problem is that frame lips are not always bent to 90 degrees and therefor will not match the boxing plate correctly.
4. Lay a heavy angle iron bar on top of frame just ahead of center X. Clamp X rails and frame rails against bar. The finished boxing plates will hold the X in position so be sure that are straight during welding.
5. Tack boxing plates into place at every 3 inches, alternating from top to bottom. Work from front to back, continually checking frame thickness.
6. Fit rear tab to X member. Now finish the welds in short passes, alternating sections.Try to catch inner frame lip with weld bead also.
7. Grind welds to a curve matching original outside bend.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel and urethane, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.