New lower shock plates to use with rear end installations using Chassis Engineering’s 2-1/2″ wide springs. Can be mounted with bend up or down for clearance.
- Ford rear ends
Note: if the mounting point on the axle looks different from this:
include part au-2229 (link) with your order to ensure a proper mounting of the springs. Many Ford rear ends as well as other rear ends do have the correct mount on the axle, however due to many variations between models and years, it is possible that yours might be different.
The au-2229 axle mount is also available for 1 3/4 inch springs and “blank” (universal without ubolt holes). For details or questions, please give us a call or use the Contact Us option in the top menu of this website.
Chassis Engineering Installation Instructions for AR-1000F Lower Shock Mounting Plates
Important note: Any needed modification to parts is completely at the discretion of the owner or installer. The customer is responsible for suitability of these parts.
Important safety note: Make sure the vehicle is properly supported under the frame with jack stands.
- Position the rear shock bar behind the shocks and the rear end. Make sure the shocks line up between the bottom mount and the shock bar. The shock travel should be calculated with the full weight load on the suspension.
- Install the outer mounts and weld them to the frame. Note: this is a custom fit. There is no fixed measurement that works for all frames, so, if needed, modifications might be required.
- Tack-weld or bolt the shock bar to the inner frame or boxing plate and re-check the fit. Important: make sure that the shocks do not bottom out before the rear end of the vehicle does. If the shocks do bottom out, something will eventually break.
- After checking all clearances and travel through the entire movement range, finish all the welds, tighten all the bolts and install the shocks.
- We recommend installing (AU-0082) bump stoppers to prevent damage to your vehicle during severe suspension movement. Make sure to recheck the suspension travel after some driving.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel and urethane, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.