Triangulated 8 inch Rear 4-Link for 1928-1931 Ford Triangulated rear 4-Link fits Ford 8″ rear ends. No panhard bar needed, works with either a stock rear or a centered housing rear. Requires boxed frame.
Includes: Frame brackets Four bars Stainless steel ends Urethane bushings Axle brackets with coil over mounts Hardware & instructions
AR-2431 28-31 Ford Triangulated Rear 4-link
1. Clean old spring pads and all surplus pieces from rear-end.
2. Center rear-end under car and support with jack-stands. Rear should be at 3/8 inch behind body mounting holes in crossmember. If fenders are on car, mount wheels and check centering. Allow 3 to 4 inches vertically between rear-end and crossmember.
3. Locate coil-over mounts on axle as shown below.Note pinion angle.
4. Adjust jam nut on rear 4-link adjusters. There should be 7/16 inch of threads left showing when adjuster is installed.Install adjusters into 4-link bars and remember to apply anti-seize on all threads.
5. Position front lower mount on frame and tack weld in place. Tab goes to the inside.
6. Install lower bars and recheck dimensions.
7. Position upper bars. Upper bars should intersect lower bar front mounting hole. Tack weld tabs and mounts in place. 8. Now go back and double check everything then finish weld.
Note: rear crossmember type and details may vary depending on frame and application. Tuck-in and kick-up shown.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel and urethane, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.